Monday, August 2, 2010

awkward introductions!

So we thought a very proper first post would be to introduce ourselves and to let you know what you're getting yourselves into if you follow our blog:

value chic is a blog created to help women (like us), who like to stay on top of trends without depleting their bank accounts. We know you girls have mortages/rent to pay, school loa
ns to pay off and numerous other bills that probably take precedence over your wardrobe, and if not-- this might not be he right blog for you. We plan to go out of our way to give you the best tips, bargains and product reviews we can, so you can spend your hard earned cash on more important things.

Whether you want a product reviewed before you go splurging, have a fantastic steal you found at 70% off but don't know how to wear it, are looking for the latest wedges and want the b
est deal or have an awesome bargain you are dying to share with someone, tell us! We want to help you save in any way possible and still stay classy, sassy and chic while doing so.

The bloggers:
Name| Amber
Location| Muskegon, MI
Day Job| Account Executive / Financial Service Industry
Describe your personal style| Simple, comfortable and resourceful. I love items that you can mix and match and that serve a variety of purposes; for example, I always look for staple items that I can style to look professional for work or look trendy and vibrant for a night out. I also tend to dress in neutral colors because I can easily match them together or throw in bright accent pieces to spice things up.

Favorite retail/online store| Forever 21 or Urban Outfitters (It varies, but these are my 2 current favorites)
Money saving tip you live by| Create a budget and stick to it! My
entire life is organized into Excel spreadsheets.
Top 3 items you will splurge on| makeup (Bare Minerals); Qdoba; gifts for my family and friends

Name| Courtney
Location| Chicago, IL
Day Job| Writer for a deals/bargains website
Describe your personal style| Completely comfortable. I live in jeans. I own about 20 tees. I have an obsession with shoes. Mostly, I really like wearing plain items that can be dressed up with accessories.
Favorite retail/online store| H&M and many, MANY online shoe stores.
Money saving tip you live by| If you can't think of 2 items you already own that will go with what you're about to purchase, don't buy it.... just don't

Top 3 items you will splurge on| Biolage hair products; Proactiv skin care; nights out with my boyf or friends because they are few and far between

Tell us about you! We want to know where you love to shop to save, what you're willing to splurge on and the best saving tip you've ever received.

2 comments:

  1. Cute site gals!! Amber....... you know I love a bargain so let me tell you about my latest!! I got my peel off coupon in the mail from Kohls and was thrilled to see it was 30% Woo Hoo and with all the summer items now on mark down I was anxious to see how much bang for my buck I could get. Sooooooo last Friday I headed to Kohls my heart racing, my palms sweaty. Outcome: 22 items purchased for about $200 minus 30% so I spend approx $140 but wait!!! The cash register spit out a Kohl's cash coupon good for $20 on anything!! And....... my receipt told me that my total savings for the day was $395!! What fun!!
    Let me know when you want to go shopping!! Lurinda

    ReplyDelete