Thursday, August 19, 2010

Binder Park Zoo


Two of my very favorite things in life are family and adventures. So today, I wanted to share with you guys my trip to Binder Park Zoo with my sisters and nephews a couple of weekends ago. 


Binder Park is a zoo that I've always wanted to visit because of the amazing exhibit that allows visitors to hand-feed the giraffes. It's a couple of hours south of me in Battle Creek, MI, so I had never actually made the trek before. And it's not exactly a bargain; I've been to other zoos that cost much less and have many more attractions (like Lincoln Park Zoo in Chicago, which Courtney took us to last summer). The only bargain point was when my two-year-old nephew, Gage, pointed to himself, declaring "I baby" when the admissions lady inquired as to how old he was. He was so cute that she let him in for free with the "under two" admission price! Despite the cost, the allure of feeding and petting an actual giraffe had me convinced that it was worth it, and I have to say that I was not disappointed!


I had a hard time picking out which pictures to post because my nephews are so darn cute!


Gage wasn't feeling good for most of the day. Poor guy :/



They had baby giraffes when we were there -- so cute! And I actually go to pet a couple of the adult ones. Feeding them is interesting because they have super long, scratchy tongues. Gage wasn't quite prepared...



Since Court and I have been out sick all week, how is everyone's week going? I hope everyone was able to get in on the 50% off Gap gift card! Maybe I'll spend mine this weekend and show you all what I come up with!



No comments:

Post a Comment