Monday, August 23, 2010

i love you michigan!

This weekend was kind of a last-hurrah-of-summer for my boyfriend and I. We spent it boating, mini-golfing, eating and four-wheeling at his parents' cabin in Michigan. This cabin is actually where I first met Ben's parents (over 4 years ago!) and we try to make it up there at least for all the summer holidays every year. 

On Saturdays they have a flea market in town. We barely caught the tail end of it this weekend, but I was very happy we did because I found a great deal on some sunglasses. I was trying my hardest to pick a pair out because, for $4 a pair, I was not walking away empty handed. Of course, I ended up not only finding one pair, but four more. After I narrowed it down I saw a sign that said 2 for $6! So exciting! So I ended up buying both of my favorites for $3 each. Booyah!

please excuse my hair. it is humid as crap today.

Ben's sassy grandma took us to her church for an all you can eat spaghetti fundraiser on Saturday night and they were also having a silent auction. Thanks to the inability of my idiotic neighbors to keep their hands off of things that don't belong to them, a bunch of my Christmas decorations were ruined in a basement flood a few weeks ago, so I was really excited to see they had some Christmas items available.  I won both of them and ended up going home with 2 new decorations for $11!


This was listed at $4 and I bid $5
This was listed at $5 and I bid $6

Also, just because I love you guys and want you to have a great week:
The Limited is taking 40% off select tops and you can get another 25% off with code 311 at checkout.

This vest, originally $44.50 is $20.02 after the code.
And DSW takes $10 off $49, $25 off $99 and $45 off $149 with code FALLSHOP
I took advantage of this deal and bought my fall boots! I can't wait to show you the pictures when they arrive!!


What did you all do this weekend? Any fun end-of-summer activities? Any awesome flea market finds you want to brag about?

5 comments:

  1. Love your sunglasses!
    The Christmas decorations are super cute...I can't wait til Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!
    I'm actually getting really excited for Christmas too. I hate winter- but I am obsessed with the holidays! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely glasses (and quite the steal, too!)! The Christmas decorations are adorable, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice sunnies find at the flea market! bahahah you and christmas decorations

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christmas decorations already!? whaaaa I like the shades!

    ReplyDelete