Friday, August 6, 2010

Courtney Goes Bare

So, yesterday Amber told you about her experience with Bare Minerals and mentioned the 5-Piece Try. Believe. Love. Starter Kit that I purchased about a month and a half ago for $20 from Ulta (it is the same price at Sephora).

First off, I need to tell you that I was extremely hesitant to try any of the Bare Minerals products. I've always been a huge fan of liquid foundation and I am quite used to the feeling of makeup on my face, actually I don't even mind it.

I also feel you should know that my skin goes through periods of being a huge pain in my ass and when I purchased this kit, I had several dry patches and also some oily breakout areas (UGH). I was so used to the coverage of liquid that I felt like there was no way this powder was doing the trick. However, the more I used it, the more I saw the bad spots disappearing and my skin starting to even itself out. Within the first week or so of using it, my skin started behaving again. Although as you can see from the below picture, it still isn't perfect, I do give this produt a plus for overall skin health.

Before: no makup

As far as coverage goes, this is amazing because you really get to choose the coverage you want. A light dusting vs. an overall coating. I love that! Today my face is kiiind of breakout-y and so I went with more of a coating. 

Matte Foundation 

This kit also came with the Warmth powder that can change the hue of your foundation making it a perfect match to whatever tone your skin may be that day. My previous weapon of choice was Almay's Smart Shade makeup due to the fact can have some sun-color one day and then be pasty 3 days later and what I need is something that won't require me switching shades all the time. The versatility that comes with this makeup is a huge reason I like it.

With Warmth powder
I usually use it like a blush, but also put a little on my forehead, nose and chin

Overall, I think this product is worth a shot. I think if I was having nightmare skin on an important day, a la friend's wedding or important dinner, I would opt for liquid, even if it is just because subconsciously I feel like it covers better. 

As far as being worth the money, I give this a definite YES. Since its a powder, I feel like you get more for your money. A little definitely goes a long way, and all of it ends up on your face; none is wasted in your application sponge or makeup brush, which is all too common with liquids.

Do any of you plan on trying Bare Minerals? Or does anyone already have them? Give us your reviews and feedback on this makeup brand!

1 comment:

  1. Bare Minerals is ALL I use now. I got hooked about a year or so ago and that's basically all I buy. SO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete